Tuesday, June 17, 2014

30 Day Shred - Day 1

Yesterday, I decided it was time to do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I have done it in the past and had some great results, but only made it 20 days before I stopped. This time around I am determined to do the full 30 Days on Level 1. The 30 Day Shred has 3 levels, 1 being the easiest and 3 being the hardest. I have done level 1 and level 2. Level 2 about killed me and I dropped it back down to level 1. By the end of the 20 days when I did it before, there were a couple days I did level 2 then did level 1. Yes, I was determined and semi suicidal on the work outs! When I first started it, I couldn't get through level 1 completely without stopping in places. By the end, I could do it non stop. This time around in Day 1, OUCH! I only stopped a couple of times compared to the first time I ever did it, but crazy how much of a difference it was to me. I was down pour sweat and so out of breath.

Me After. Tons of sweat, red faced, smelly, and feeling oh so yucky!

When I did my punches during one of the circuits, I was pretending I was punching Jillian Michaels in the face. I try to think of myself as a nice person, but that lady can really make you hate her and I think that's her point. It helps to motivate you and to keep going. 



It takes 21 days to make a habit. My hope is in the 30 days, I will see a great difference and have a better endurance to be able to do much more work outs. There is so much of a rush when you work out and especially when you are DONE!



And to see how much of a change the 30 Days will make on me, including me being more responsible for my food intake AND maybe some aquatic workouts (I love them!) I decided to measure myself. It's not just about your weight, its about the inches you lose. That is what I think I need to use to see a difference.

Measurements Before:
(June 16th)
Arms:  Left 17" Right 17.5"
Thighs: Left 30" Right 30" Circumference 43.5"
Hips: 58"
Waist(measured below tatas): 46"
Chest(tatas): 52"
Jeans size: 26w (and I don't have any anymore since I got rid of them :( this estimate is because my 24w won't fit at the moment!)


No comments:

Post a Comment