Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Freezer Meal Recipe - Tater Tot Casserole

Our family loves Tater Tot Casserole. I didn't think anyone would other than my husband who eats everything! We had it one church night dinner and EVERYONE loved it! It's not too hard to put into a freezer recipe. The added double? You can use this for the crock pot! YUM! To me, that's a double added bonus! What got to me too was just how easy it was to make! The kids could even help me!


Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
32 oz Tater Tots (I substituted with hashbrowns I had gotten for cheap since we didn't have tots on hand)
1 lb Ground Beef, Browned
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
2 Cans Green Beans (I like french style best!)
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 Chopped Onion
1/4 Cup Milk
Cheese (Optional for sprinkling after baked)

Mix all together but cheese and tater tots. Put into a freezer bag, label, and put in freezer. Put tots next to it or label so your hungry husband will not try to use them for lunch!


To Cook:
Thaw bag overnight. Line the crockpot with tater tots and cover with the bag of ingredients. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hrs. Put onto your plate and sprinkle with cheese if desired.


This is just amazing! If you know me well, you know I don't eat things like this! I almost forgot to take a picture of it on my plate! I had to go and get seconds to take a picture! I give this recipe 5 stars it was that good! All of our family even ate it too which seems to never happen. I am hoping I can get tater tots on the shopping list and try it again with them to see how that would come out compared to the hash brown patties.




No comments:

Post a Comment