Tuesday, January 28, 2014

"Fake" Orange Julius

Our family loves Orange Julius, I mean who doesn't?! But with a family of 5, that can get a bit expensive. Plus, with allergies it's hard to make sure there is no cross contamination. (I got a banana smoothie once when I asked for peach, it was NOT a good experience!) Well, I was looking on pinterest and found a few recipes. If you know me, you know I look at 3-4 different recipes and put together my own recipe. It drives my husband crazy as for him he has to have the exact measurements and do everything precise. I keep telling him that's how I keep him from losing interest in my cooking/baking endeavors! I decided to try this as we have tried one in the past and it was just gross. I made him try it without knowing exactly what it was and he thought I had gone and gotten Orange Julius! I find that an accomplishment! I went ahead and wrote out the recipe just in case that was the case and figure I will tweak it a bit more next time I make it just to see if it can be a bit sweeter. I figure that was because I had the top of the mix so it didn't mix as well? This also makes about 4-5 servings so maybe if I do half next time?



"Fake" Orange Julius

1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Water
5-6 Tablespoons Sugar
3-4 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
10-12 Ice Cubes
1 Can Orange Juice Concentrate

Add all to blender.
Mix on liquefy until completely blended.
Pour into 4 cups half full.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment