Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday Freezer Meal Recipe - Cinnamon Toast Muffins

Our family has the staple of eating cereal for every breakfast. I really don't like cereal and after a while they all taste the same. I looked for recipes for muffins that could work in the freezer and came across these babies. To me, they are a mixture of a doughnut and a muffin. For the husband, they tasted like * Nom, Nom Nom* His words exactly! The great thing is after you bake them, you can freeze them and then that way you can have one for breakfast in the morning! I love the variety this will add to our breakfasts in the morning!


Cinnamon Toast Muffins
2/3 Cup (about 10 tablespoons) butter, melted
1 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
3 Cups Flour
3 Tablespoons Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Ginger
1/4 Teaspoon Cloves
1/8 to 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg (I swear if I put this in a recipe, I can really taste it so I go lighter on it)
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon

Mix together the sugar and butter. Stir in the eggs and milk.
In a separate bowl, combine all your dry ingredients.
Slowly stir them into your wet ingredients.
Put 20-24 cupcake liners into your cupcake pans. You can also spray them with non stick spray if you would like. You can also put them into a mini loaf pan if desired.
Bake 350 Degrees for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.

To Freeze:
When you take them out of the oven, put them onto a cool cookie sheet and put them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until they are cooled off. This helps to keep them from moisture escaping in the bag and them sticking if you put them in too soon. If you don't have room, you can always leave them an hour or two on the counter and then put them in the bag to freeze. Doing this though may result in your stash going down!

To Reheat them:
You can leave them out overnight to thaw or if you rather you can put one in the microwave for 30-45 mins to reheat. I believe this option makes them last a little bit more!


And now for picture overload!!! Enjoy! If you make them, let me know how they turn out for you! I think next time I might try adding a bit more cinnamon and cloves to get even more flavor dynamic!








No comments:

Post a Comment