Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Flourless Monster Cookies Recipe

First off, I didn't know how these would come out....amazing!! Second, I have an allergy to all nuts including peanuts. So, instead of peanut butter I use Soy Butter. How they would turn out with peanut butter I would think would be the same but sometimes it seems the soy butter dries things out a bit more. It's not as sweet of a taste either but to me, that's better! I have accidentally had peanut butter last year by eating a Reese's egg at Easter time thinking it was a Hershey's one. To me, peanut butter is so sweet now from that little comparison between my panic attack/allergic reaction. So, just FYI all my recipes are nut free if you ever wondered! So on to the amazing Monster Cookies!!!


Flourless Monster Cookies Recipe

1 Stick Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Corn Starch
3 Eggs
1 1/2 Cups Soy Butter (or your choice)
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
4 1/2 Cups Quick Oats
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1 Cup M&Ms

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together butter and sugars. Add in vanilla and corn starch and mix well. Add one egg at a time until mixed. Add in Soy Butter (or peanut butter of choice) until incorporated. Add in baking soda. Then add oats until incorporated. Then add chocolate chips and M&Ms. (Add extra if you feel the need!) Drop onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 mins. Now this is where it might be different with peanut butter than soy butter. If you over cook them, they seem to dry out more and crumble. Leave them a bit doughy and they are perfect!!!


I have made these twice now in the last 4 days and both times I tried to measure out the same but they came out different. First batch was thicker and easier to get off the pan in one piece. My next ones I made today were flatter and gooey and would squish more and break because they were thinner. I left them on the pan about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack and that seemed to help. Either way, they were gone by the end of the day! To me, that is a successful cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment