Sunday, September 29, 2013

DIY Lanterns

I don't remember where I saw it (probably on pinterest!) but I saw these neat lanterns that had holiday themes inside of them. I thought that was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome! I put it in the back of my mind until I could find some lanterns. Well, Target had their summer clearance and I found these two beauties for $4.48 each :) 

 Now, of course they are a spring/summer pink, but nothing a few coats of paint wont get rid of. You can tell its not really meant to be painted on because it chips a bit easy but if my kids would leave them alone it would last a bit longer! I also didn't mess with painting the inside but I'm thinking if I get more time I might redo them to look better. The other thought is to change the colors to go with the holiday, too but that would take a lot of time that I just don't have either!

 I am very proud of them and so happy they turned out so well! I think I want my mantel up to put them on to make it look even better than just the DVD stand! But, that is another day project!
For the "insides" I went to Hobby Lobby and found some neat little fall things on sale 40% off. I mixed and matched them to come up with the combo I liked for each one.

I also went ahead and found some flameless flickering candles to put in them too. Turn off the lights and it looks so beautiful!
So yea, I can see the pink still in this but at the same time, that's the angle...I think! Either way, these are so awesome and I'm excited to think what I can do for each holiday to switch them out now! 

What ideas do you have? What do you think would be great to put inside the lanterns??

No comments:

Post a Comment