Monday, October 8, 2012

Apple Pie Time!

The weather got nice and cool here over the weekend! When it gets cool, something in me decides its time to go into baking mode! My hubby of course loves that! He requested an apple pie so I decided that was what I would spend some time on just for him on Saturday.


My lil sweetheart decided that she wanted to be my little helper for the day! She helped me by peeling and coring all the apples for me! Those apple corers are amazing! If you don't have one, definitely something to invest in!



My lil dude then decided that what we were doing looked kind of cool so he decided he wanted to help too! They were very good at getting it all mixed very well and making sure it tasted good too!


Picture of the pie before we put it in the oven. I forgot to take one right when it came out and the family ate the whole thing before I thought about it!!! Next time I make one, I'll make sure to get a picture of after!!!


Apple Pie Recipe
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
* Two pie crusts (I used Jiffy pie crust mix)
- 6 to 8 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch

In large bowl, put your apples in there. Add the sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cornstarch and mix well. 

Add the apples to the pie crust. Take the butter and slice it up and put all over the apples.

Put the top crust on top and push to seal. 

Put some fork marks (or any design since others are probably more creative than me!) in the crust to help it ventilate!

Put it into the oven at 425 degrees for 30-40 mins.

Let it cool for a bit and then slice and enjoy!!!


Do you have a good apple pie recipe?!? Please share as I am always trying to find a better recipe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment