Monday, December 5, 2011

Crockpot Southwest Soup


I belong to a group on Facebook called the Facebook Cookbook. Great group of people that share different recipes. Well, someone posted a recipe for Southwest Soup and it sounded too good not to try! The next day, I had all the ingredients in hand and I mixed it all up and put it in the crockpot. We had it cooking on low for about 5 hours, turned it to warm overnight (since I have a thing about it being on low or high during the night since things seem to have a way of burning on me!) then turned it back on low and we ate it for lunch and dinner! Let me tell you, dinner was amazing! The soup was great for lunch but something about it being warm and cooking 24 hours and man it tasted wonderful!


Southwest Soup
1lb hamburger, browned
1 small onion, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can rotel
1 can corn
1 can pinto beans
1 jar ragu double cheddar cheese sauce

Mix it all together in the crockpot and cook on low for about 4 hours and enjoy! Or you can let it sit longer if you wish, just make sure to watch it to make sure it doesn't burn! The flavors just get better and better!!!

My husband of course decided the soup needed a special picture taken!



Then he decided that just wasn't enough, so he added and "fanned" out the chips to make it look more fancy!


Oh the pictures just want me to make it again! I'll be adding it to my menu for this week for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment