Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Don't Know About You, But I'm Rooting For The Royals! #BeRoyal #TakeTheCrown!


Tonight is Game #1 of the World Series KC Royals vs SF Giants. I am rooting for the Royals of course! I have been a fan since I can remember. My mom says when they were in the World Series last, I watched it. I may have been 2 and been playing in my play pen but I watched it :) 

Royals baseball has been a tradition in our family for as long as I can remember. My grandpa would have the TV on to watch it but the radio on to listen to Denny Matthews, the voice of the Royals, because he just did the announcing better. I never really got into the game. We would go to the college tournaments with my grandpa and it really wasn't too impressive to me at that time.

Fast forward to this summer.....
For my mom's birthday, my sister decided we should go see the Royals. My mom had never been to an actual game in her life either. So, we all went. It was AMAZING. The atmosphere was just crazy! Not to mention we had great seats!










When the game started, it was so neat to watch the crowd interact. When someone came up to bat, on the screen they had a cool looking animation with their name and stats. It was funny how it was the Game of Thrones theme. (Which I haven't watched or read!)  


If you would have asked me who my favorite Royals player is, I would say George Brett as that's all I used to know. After watching my first game, I totally root for Butler, Moustakas, and Hosmer! I have also gotten my husband into the sport. Being a geek, he really doesn't like sports or to watch them but now we make it somewhat of a "date night" thing together. 

So, why am I typing all this for a blog post? Well, because I am so proud of what the Kansas City Royals have accomplished and it has been such a pleasure to watch them play this season! Win or lose, they are an amazing group of guys that have taken a great sport and shown the world that they have what it takes to win!


No comments:

Post a Comment