Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Craft Time: Cupcake in a Jar

This past weekend, I got to make my sister in law's graduation cake. LOTS of fun! I got to thinking of something fun and different to do. We had a few pint mason jars so I decided to make cupcakes in a jar! Let me start off by saying, I made zebra cake and cupcakes :) When you cut into the cake, it actually did look like a zebra pattern! I was impressed! It was so much fun to make too, and the kids loved how messy it got!

Here is a picture of the cake before it went into the oven to bake!

Some instructions I have seen say to bake the cupcakes without the liners. I haven't ever had a good experience doing that so I figured since they are were all "zebra" the lines wouldn't be as visible :)
First, take off the cupcake liner and put the cupcake into the jar.



 Then you take your frosting and put a bit on top of the cupcake. Doesn't need to look perfect as it's the middle layer!


Because I was using the pint mason jars, putting two cupcakes into one jar was a bit too much. So I cut the cupcakes in half and put just one half into the jar on top of the frosting.


Next, I took my frosting and piped it onto the cupcake all "fancy" like! Then my daughter took the "zebra" sprinkles and put them on top!


Last to do was put the lid back on! For the tops, I took some cardstock and traced the top to get the circle to put on top with a stamp. You could do this with fabric or any other idea you can think of! You could also put a ribbon around the jar. The possibilities are endless!


Close up of the finished yummy project!



No comments:

Post a Comment