Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Issues in Reading!

I am enjoying my list of things to do before I'm 30. One goal is to read at least one book a month. I decided this was a good goal since I have so many books laying around but haven't been reading any of them. I picked up Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke. My sister had loaned me these books at least a year ago! It is about a lady who is soon to be 30 (ironic?!?) and is single but happy. She has a cat named Moishe that she rescued and that is all the "man" she needs in her life. She has followed her dream and opened up her store The Cookie Jar. While the town is small, they have lots of mysteries. That is one reason I love the book! It's a nice good mystery! Now for the best part! She talks about different kinds of cookies and things that she makes in her shop. AND in the book, there are recipes!! It seems to be around 5 recipes a book! So far I have tried one recipe. They are called Black and Whites.


They are sooooooooooo yummy! (I apologize for the lack of picture! I had to steal the last one being eaten to get a picture!!!) They are basically like chocolate crinkles but I think they taste even better than any chocolate crinkles I have ever made! I am on the 3rd book in the series right now, and it is really hard not to try and make every recipe I see! The thought of trying to start a book club just so we could make all the recipes has entered my mind way more than once! LOL I will just have to see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment