Friday, April 5, 2013

Starting Over


That's the great thing about goals, you can start over! I have done TERRIBLE on my eating lately. I hadn't been to the gym in 4-5 weeks. I was just going back to old habits I had hoped to never have again! Instead, I let myself fall into the depression and do allow myself to do whatever I wanted. Yesterday, I woke up and after talking for 2 weeks to change my habits and lifestyle, I started again!


I have a goal of being down to 200 lbs by my 30th birthday in September. If I would have been keeping up with my lifestyle change, I believe I would be VERY close to that goal by now. Instead, I am starting over. The best thing about this is I can start over. I'm NOT giving up. I just have a fork in the road and chose the wrong path and finally got my U Turn and down the right way.


Yesterday was the first time I went to the gym in 4-5 weeks. I did zumba, 10 mins very fast on the stationary bike and then 15 mins in the swimming pool. That is all I could do! I was getting 2-3 hours of great exercise in and could do more before! So much to work on again! But I am going to do it!


Next Saturday I have my first "big" 5K. I can NOT back out of it! Its the Gnarly Neon in Wichita. I have to be there for the race at 9am so that means I have to be up and out the door here around 7am. The hubby works that day so it is all up to me do to this! I bought myself some new shoes in hopes to get myself to walk more!


Yesterday was the first time I have kept track of EVERYTHING I have been putting in my mouth! I had done so great! I was almost to 195 days straight of tracking on myfitnesspal! Then I got lazy; I got stupid; I fell off track. Now I am starting again and I love seeing that I am doing well. I am not going to completely obsess and focus on my eating and calories. It is more going to be my portions and making sure I get all my water in that I need every day. Let me say this though, going from 3,000-6,000 calories a day down to 2,000 and then exercising burning almost 1,000 calories YOUR BODY MAY HATE YOU! LOL I was shaking and felt weak. Not a great feeling at all. I got more food in me than I wanted but knew that's what my body wanted.


The results? Granted it has just been a day. Granted it is probably just water weight. BUT in 1 day I dropped 2.8 lbs!!! See! My body is telling me what I needed and I am hoping this will continue. Usually in the first week of weight loss you loose the most because of water weight. I don't expect to keep this up, but I am hoping in 2-3 weeks I can be back down to 260!


Currently: 270.6
Goal: 260.0

No comments:

Post a Comment