Thursday, January 3, 2013

Taco Bowls

Well, tried something different last night! Woohoo! One goal I am keeping with! One other goal we have decided as a family is to not eat out at all for the whole month of January. It's going to be interesting since we seem to eat out a lot more than I like to admit!

So, I decided for dinner we would have taco bowls. My wonderful mom bought me the mold things to make the bowls out of tortilla shells so I decided it would be great to try them. 


 The bowl mold works great! Issue I had is I didn't think they were cooking well enough and too soft. Of course when I took them out they got hard! Next time going to be better now that I know!

I also couldn't find any taco seasoning so I thought what the heck and I made my own!


For the seasoning, I did equal parts of chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder. It was seriously the best taco seasoning I have tasted! So much better for you too!

I decided chicken sounded better than hamburger so shredded up the extra I had from a rotisserie chicken and added 1/2 cup water and some seasoning. It smelled so good! Let it boil then I had it sit to cool off and soak up more flavor.

 

The kids and I then decided all the toppings that should go in it. We chose refried beans, lettuce, corn and mexican cheese. 


We put it all together and it made a great dinner!


We are definitely putting this into our rotation for foods to make for dinner! Do you have any good recipes to try? I'm excited to try some more new ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment